I started this project while sitting in my recliner
for those first two months after my surgery.
I had a lot of time for staring and thinking.
Once I had the idea, I designed it in photoshop.
Then my good friend, Misty, gave me some boards from her fence
that they were repairing after all that wind damage.
I screwed the boards into a panel and started cutting
out the circle of the clock months ago.. but my jig saw’s
motor burned up mid circle and my project was put on hold.
I printed all my designs out in light gray to save
ink and laid them on the circle for placement.
I taped a piece of wax paper to my printer paper and
ran it through the printer.
Then I used a spoon to rub the ink and wax on to my wood.
A couple of times it took two coats.
“Blessed to be a Blessing” is our family motto.
A couple of times I forgot to reverse the image,
a very important step.
The boards were a little too thick for my clock works.
So I drilled them down a bit.
Now I know what time it is.